C-Town
December 14, 2017, 10:11:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:                              cry cry munch      “Sleep is good, death is better; but of course the best thing would be to have never been born at all.”skully

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Today in Mayberry news:  (Read 19512 times)
Anonymous
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »

Mayberry Family Wins Free Use of Gehl 5240E Skid Loader

Mayberry, WI - Gehl Company, a leading manufacturer of Gehl-brand compact equipment used in construction and agriculture applications, awarded the free use of a Gehl model 5240E Skid Loader to the Kendall family of Mayberry, Wis. at the Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, held in July 2009.

Fred and Ann Kendall work full-time at their beef farm. The farm has been in the family for many generations and originally started as a dairy farm. In 2007, the Kendall's decided to sell their dairy cows, and two days later switched to beef cattle. Today they have about 48 beef cattle that graze on 100 of the 500 acres on the farm.

Fred and Ann stopped by the Gehl booth, attracted by the "chromed-out" 150th Anniversary Commemorative Gehl model 7810E Skid Loader on display. A Gehl associate asked them if they had registered for a chance to win the free use of a skid loader. "We were there with two of our boys and we each decided to fill out an entry. I guess I was the lucky one!" Ann exclaimed.

The 5240E Skid Loader joins a Gehl model 4835 Skid Loader, which the Kendalls use primarily for cleaning sheds. "We'll never be without a Gehl Skid Loader on the farm," says Ann. "Once we got one we learned what an important tool it was around the farm."

The Kendalls have four sons - the two eldest graduated from college and successfully landed ag-related careers; one is currently in college, and the youngest son is still at home. "We couldn't do it without the help of all our sons," said Ann. "The farm is truly a family-run business. Everyone does their part."

Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »

Anonymous
Re
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »

Fascists
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »

POLICE CALLS
OCT. 29, 2009
(in no particular order)

• 10:58 a.m. Theft: Three hubcaps were taken from a Dodge Stratus parked in the 600 block of South Adams Street on March 22. Loss estimated at $125.

• 11:34 a.m. Disorderly: In an apparent case of road rage, a driver of a sport utility vehicle blocked the path of a car on South Webster Avenue south of Mayberry 172 at 9:23 p.m. Monday. The SUV driver approached the car and smashed the driver’s window, witnesses said. The 29-year-old Mayberry man told police he thought the car’s occupants had flipped him off. He was later cited for disorderly conduct and damage to property. Restitution will be sought for the $150 window.

• 12:19 p.m. Criminal damage: A bag of dead fish was dumped in the front seat of a Chevrolet Silverado in the 4800 block of Mayberry County P on Tuesday.

• 11:90 a.m. Police responded to a report of criminal mischief on Seneca Street after a caller reported that her vehicle window was smashed and the culprit could be someone who is harassing her son. Patrol determined footprints around the car may have been the complainant’s. The caller then stated that she may have been dreaming.

• 11:51 a.m. Suspicious circumstance reported on the 1400 block of Palm Avenue. “Reporting party noticed her garbage can missing and later found her male neighbor from next door bringing it back to her yard. Reporting party asked subject why he emptied her can, and he would not answer her.”

• 11:17 a.m. A woman from the 22000 block of Cottage Hill Drive reported a neighbor’s pig bit her husband in their garage.

• 6:07 p.m. — A caller from Highway 49 and Uren Street reported a woman “flapping around, trying to fly.” She could not be located.

• 11:01 a.m. — A State Road 76 caller said she wanted a man at her house removed because he was coming over at night and damaging her wall. Police determined the wall damage was caused by the weather.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:14:56 PM »

POLICE CALLS
OCT. 29, 2009
(in no particular order)

• 10:58 a.m. Theft: Three hubcaps were taken from a Dodge Stratus parked in the 600 block of South Adams Street on March 22. Loss estimated at $125.

I would have grabbed the fourth one but it was already missing!
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:12 AM »

Are you sure this is Mayberry news?  Sounds more like the outskirts of Chinatown to me.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:19:33 PM »

It's kind in and around the demilitarized zone where the outskirts of both Chinatown and Mayberry overlap.  And north.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

POLICE CALLS
OCT. 29, 2009
(in no particular order)

• The caller then stated that she may have been dreaming.

• Reporting party asked subject why he emptied her can, and he would not answer her.”

• a neighbor’s pig bit her husband in their garage.

• he was coming over at night and damaging her wall.

Really weird stuff here.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »

It's kind in and around the demilitarized zone where the outskirts of both Chinatown and Mayberry overlap.  And north.

Oh, I think maybe that's the suburb called Black River Falls. 
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »

you,re good
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

Sometimes.
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

POLICE CALLS
NOV. 17, 2009
(in no particular order)

• 5:03 AM: Police encountered two roosters standing in the street in the 1300 block of Cuyler. Each bird had to be cornered separately, but at last they were caught in nets and caged.

• 7:22 AM: Police responded to a woman in the 3500 block of Clarence was startled to see a strange man in her gangway.  She asked him what he wanted; the man told her he was the previous owner of the horse and was “just coming back for his horse”.

• 4:01 AM: A man in the 1200 block of Highland told police someone placed so many bricks on his front lawn that the whole thing flooded.

• 6:32 AM: A 15-foot, fiberglass Bob's Big Boy was reported stolen from a Western-theme store on Soileddad Canyon Road, according to the sheriff's station report.

• 7:01 AM: Police responded to a report that someone stole 284 pairs of panties and 28 bras, all worth $9,408, from a residence in the 800 block of North Congress Avenue.

• 5:11 AM: Off duty officer reports that an intoxicated woman fell out of the window of a moving car, receiving scrapes all over her body. Her boyfriend, who was driving, told police she had stuck her head out the window to vomit and when he turned a corner onto Homewood Boulevard, she fell out.

• 6:57 AM: A resident of the 200 block of West Moccasin Trail called for help. She said a boy had been in a neighborhood tree for four days and she wasn't sure whether he ever comes down. An officer discovered that it was just part of a tree that grew into a shape resembling a sitting boy.

• 4:21 AM: Three people called the police reporting a man was naked on the 500 block of Main Street. The man was rubbing his backside on a door and yelling at women. He was gone by the time the police arrived.

• 5:43 AM: A strange odor was reportedly coming from a Port-a-Potty on Sixth Street.

• 6:19 AM: A woman identified only as Ruth called police to say she was “stuck in a hole,” according to a police report. Police found she was stuck between a couch and chair and helped her out.

• 7:33 AM: A woman reported someone shot at her car on County Road. The patrol determined it had been hit by a Tootsie Roll and no damage was found.

• 3:59 AM, 4:16 AM, 5:23 AM, 6:40 AM and 7:49 AM: a Black River Falls man heard a knock on the front door. He opened it and found burning feces on his doorstep. There were no suspects as of press time.
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »

Mayberry is preparing to host this year’s World Ploughing Contest as part of US Plough 2010.About 600 overseas visitors and thousands of ploughing enthusiasts are expected to attend the 4-day event in mid October. It is hosted by the Midwest Ploughing Association and ranks amongst the biggest agricultural events ever held in the world.

US Plough 2010 begins with the national Silver Plough Championships (October 15-16), followed by the World Ploughing Contest (October 17-18) when 58 competitors from 30 communities will vie for world ploughing supremacy.

Overseas contests are already arriving and are keen to begin practising.

Hot favourite locally in the world will be Mayberry farmer Bruce Redmond who is representing Midwest in the conventional ploughing class. Redmond, placed third in Kenya (1995), sixth in Denmark (2001) and fourth in Northern Nebraska (2004), will create history if he wins a World Ploughing Contest on land only a few kilometres from his own farm. Kenkucky North’s Land Girls, who will represent Ohio in the reversible class, will be the other crowd favourite.

Adding to the carnival atmosphere will be the Aorangi Regional finals of the Young Farmer of the Year competition. Organisers hope children from overseas will take part in ‘AgriKids’, either with their own team or as part of a Midwest team.

PGG Wrightson Vintage Machinery rally is shaping up to be a major display spreading over more than 40ha. A call for vintage machinery has resulted in a flood of unrestored ploughs being dug out of the back of farm sheds, dusted off and water-blasted for the occasion.Delighted rally organisers say they have never heard of some of the makes and models before.Working demonstrations of crop harvesting and processing methods used from the turn of last century to around 1940 are expected to be real crowd pleasers.

US Plough 2010 organising chairman Noel Sheat says his volunteer committee has put in thousands of man-hours over six years of planning. Standard practice is to employ people, he says.

“We’re taking a ‘cake-stall’ approach to a million dollar budget and spending every cent with great care. It’s quite a responsibility for a bunch of volunteers and old ploughing enthusiasts but it’s working well.

“The support we’ve had from corporate sponsors, individuals and the Midwest Ploughing Association’s 28 affiliated associations has been very encouraging.”

A major financial cost to Sheat’s committee is sponsoring four people from each competing community for 10 days, paying for food, accommodation, entertainment and transport at a total cost of around $200,000.

Sheat says 380 people have registered for the US Plough 2010 package, nearly twice the number who registered for the last two Contests.

• next installment will carry special feature previewing World Ploughing Championships, in mail box October 3b.

Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »

2000 +/- gallons raw Used Cooking Oil available in Sugar Falls. $1.25/gallon.
bioenergyinc@gmail.com

Hi,
I have a vehicle that runs off of grease and I currently get grease from a friend who collects and filters the grease for me. However, I am going to be traveling and would like to build a simple, easy to use system to collect and filter grease while I'm on the road. Does any one have any suggestions or simple designs for such a system? I'm not worried about cost so it would be nice to see a bunch of different options.
email: phdroofdoctor@gmail.com

We are looknig to buy 1000 Mt of Used cooking oil every month.
Pls Contact @ smsn6@gmail.com

My interst is to burn used veggie oil in my semi trucks. WE could pick it up. Please e mail me rlews@fulltimeservicein.com
Thank you.

I can take raw unfiltered straight waste. I will process it myself.
oerenwick@yahoo.com

I am selling 300 gallons of used vegetable oil, I am alos selling at ft. Lauderdale, florida. Email me at jamal1108@aol.com

Looking for used 55 gallon steel drums to be recycled for an event in Juneberry. I am looking for 50 to 100 drums. We will take them in any condition.
If anyone knows where I could find them at recycling facility or food distribution plant in South Mayberry would be great.
Email garcia@eventuslive.com

Available for immediate purchase, we have large quantities of brown available in the Southern, Mid, and North East region.
Currently sell to India for soap/surfactant production but we have plenty of surplus to sell.
Contact Kat Tracy

Does anyone out there know of a free or cheap place to dispose of contaminated in Mayberry? We've got more gallons of bad than we care to have laying around and want to get rid of it. We live in Central Mayberry and will even drive to the right area to get rid of it. It's no good for our system - it appears to be hydrogenerated.
If anyone has ANY info on this please contact Matt.
Email will do - atot@digvig.com

Hi I am the airport mgr. and looking for a dealer
to sell our waste to. We are located
in northern Marchberry ( Elkhart ). If you would be
interested or know someone who would be interested
in buying our waste please contact me at:
tmy_99@yahoo.com

Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 06:21:33 PM »

A passenger was detained by airport authorities in Pakistan after electrical circuits and batteries were found in the soles of his tennis shoes, an airport security official said today.

Officials were investigating what the components could be used for and why they were concealed.

Similar materials can be used in the construction of bombs.

Faiz Mohammad was arrested at Karachi's Jinnah International Airport last night, said Munir Ahmed, a spokesman for the airport security force.

The materials were detected by a scanner.

Mr Ahmed said each shoe contained a small circuit connected to two AAA batteries.

Mohammad, a building constructor who was heading for Muscat in Oman, told investigators he bought the shoes from a market in Karachi and had no idea there were circuits hidden inside the soles.

'It is premature to say what was he up to. We are looking into the matter thoroughly,' police official Sohail Faiz said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1275952/Pakistani-air-passenger-caught-electronic-circuits-concealed-shoes.html#ixzz0nZzwxiPx

From the Comments:

These are perfectly innocent shoes.
An oft attempted idea to get walking to generate electricity stored in rechargeable batteries. The outlets are for your phones mp3 etc.

This poor man has just been arrested and had his full passport details shown to the world.

just google shoes with rechargeable batteries and you will find loads of patents.
So much for the world going green amd eco friendly. What next occupants of homes with solar panels arrested?

- Mark S, leeds, 10/5/2010 6:07

Mayberry News Editors Note:

Apparently, these are massage shoes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: